Strategic Planning Retreats
Strategic planning retreats offer CEOs and entrepreneurs effective off-site business review, planning, and problem-solving sessions away from the daily work distractions of the office. Retreats provide a more relaxed and innovative thinking environment for better collaboration, brain storming, and decision-making.
These sessions are facilitated by Ascend the business experts who will bring together your management team, we will ask questions to stimulate and validate your planning and provide new insights. Strategic retreats offer objective validation of assumptions, thinking processes and solutions. We bring a strong understanding of business management, leadership styles and team dynamics.
WHAT DOES THE STRATEGIC PLAN REVIEW COVER?
The strategic planning review process explores the following questions with your existing strategic plan:
- What has worked and what hasn’t worked in the past 12 months?
- What has changed in your environment?
- What do we take out and what new things do we put into the strategic plan?
THE STRATEGIC PLANNING REVIEW PROCESS
Initial preparation work:
Collection and analysis of key documents by facilitator (constitution, annual report, financials, strategic and risk documents as agreed)
Strategic planning review facilitation with Board and senior staff:
- Review Vision/Mission statement and its impact on decision making.
- Review the current strategic plan and relevant business plans against new opportunities and risks.
- Investigate what has been missed and what should be incorporated into the revised strategic plan.
- Investigate any strategic assumptions that have changed and their impact on the strategic plan.
- Discuss strategies for ensuring that the strategic plan is carried out at the various levels (Board, staff, committees etc), including reviewing the strategic plan regularly, and strategic thinking processes.
- Strategies for embedding the strategic plan into performance measures and job descriptions at all levels of the organisation.
Strategic Planning Retreats Duration:
Typical strategic retreat sessions span for 2 days, and can be followed up by coaching sessions, if needed.
Strategic Planning Retreats Deliverables:
In this unique setting, strategic retreats will:
- Ensure the team understands and agrees on the vision and direction
- Develop an action plan that addresses existing or emerging challenges and opportunities
- Improve team performance through facilitation, communication and collaboration sessions
Strategic Planning Retreats Process:
Our consultant will:
- Understand the goals of the meeting
- Agree on team needs, session objectives, agenda, duration and fees
- Facilitate learning and provide independent validation of group strategy
- Bridge communication and thinking gaps to create consensus for group direction and plans
- Navigate trouble areas and propose solutions to overcome challenges
Your team will:
- Attend the sessions; learn, brainstorm, work and collaborate together
- Deliver an action plan to leverage the new opportunities &/or overcome the challenges
- Receive remote or onsite follow-up support sessions (Optional)
Strategic Planning Retreat Fees
- Strategic planning retreat facilitation fees vary with each organisation, the complexity of the subject, and number of participants. To receive a quote, please Contact Us.